EARN WHILE YOU WORK & LEARN - STUDENTS & RECENT GRADUATES, DEVELOP SKILLS FOR LIFE THROUGH THE BOF INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
College Mentor Job Descriptions
Projects at The Village and Mission Teams
This intern will assist in construction projects. We are planning for mission teams throughout the summer weeks. You will be interacting with and working alongside 150 or volunteers this summer.
• Gathering supplies on the grounds
• Ordering/purchasing supplies
• Working on the projects with the teams
• Discipling a high school intern
These interns will disciple the local high school interns. He or she will handle the day to day responsibilities of supervising the high school interns.
• Disciple high school interns
• Lead the high school interns in daily devotions
• Lead by example in all tasks
• Handle minor discipline and issues that come up
• Look for opportunities to spend one on one time with them (or group time outside of internship)
• Manage the high school interns’ schedules and responsibilities
• Teach children in Bible study lessons
• Clean church building with high school interns
Summer Intern Work Hours & Responsibilities
The internship will consist of nine weeks with Bridge of Faith and one week off for July 4 holiday. The breakdown is below:
Week 1: May 30-June 1 | Weeks 2-5: June 5-29 | Off Week*: July 3-7
Weeks 6-9: July 10-August 3 | *Sundays are mandatory even during July 4 week.
The Village: Grounds keeping, Assist Mission Teams, Help with projects
Thrift Store: Sort clothes, Cash register, Clean up
Summers at the Beach: Set up, Breakdown, Assist in teaching
Wednesday Night Church: Childcare, Set up, breakdown, Cleaning
Sunday Morning Church: Childcare, Teaching younger students
Expectations for Interning at Bridge of Faith
As an intern, you will be viewed as a leader among your peers, so the following issues must be taken seriously as you consider interning with us.
Bible Study: You will participate in morning Bible Studies with the other interns, and you will be expected to share and lead one occasionally. Also, you may be asked to lead students in Bible lessons.
Relationships: Our desire is that your relationships bring honor to Jesus Christ. We want you to mature as young men and women of God and so we encourage you not to have any unnecessary distractions from your personal growth.
Social Media: You are to set an example for others in this area. Profane language (even on a Liked or Shared post) is unacceptable. Gossip and mean-spirited communication is also unacceptable.